Sunday, February 03, 2013

SNAP



The man from SNAP.

A man from SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) leaves comments and a link to a list of 173 accused clerics in Minnesota:  Just about anywhere there happens to be a post covering the Cardinal Mahony affair, the man from SNAP pops up.

Mind you, the 173 names are names of accused clerics, accused of some sort of sexual abuse or misconduct.

What is so bad about the list is that some of these clerics have been exonerated - yet their name remains on the list.  Others had 'consensual' relations with women in their parish - 'love affairs' - yet they are on the list one associates with pedophiles and sex addicts.

Even worse, I discovered the name of a cleric associated with my parish - I was able to read the charges. 

News to me. 

I'm against lists like these.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Such lists serve no real purpose other than to titilate the voyeur element and can be dangerously inaccurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with lists of accused is that not all of the accused are guilty.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.