Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Watch your purse girls!


See, I'm looking out for you.
.
I picked up the following story about a woman stealing from the purses women leave behind in the pew as they approach Holy Communion:
.
"Long Island cops say they've caught a woman robbing congregants during church. Patricia Adams saw an opportunity during services at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church – and it wasn't for worship. While a devout parishioner knelt down in prayer, the 46-year-old leaned over a church pew and stole cash from her purse, police said. An usher saw her do it and called the cops." - Story
.
I see this all the time ladies - not the stealing, but women leaving their purses in pews, in grocery carts as they pick out produce, on counters in stores, on the seat of their car, hanging over the back of their chair in a restaurant, on their desk in the office, and so on. You can't do that stuff anymore ladies - especially now that the economy is in the toilet - but even when the economy was good you should have been more cautious.
.
I think women would do well to take the Queen for their model. Betty never goes anywhere without her purse, she carries it around the house wherever she goes, no matter if she is dusting or vacuuming or doing her workout routine. She takes it to the bathroom, washing dishes, she even takes it to bed. She dances with it, walks around the palace grounds inspecting the guards with it, greets visitors with it - she's never without it.
.
Watch your purse girls.

3 comments:

  1. LOL @ "Betty" :-)

    Gosh, I figured my purse would be safe in the Communion line :-/ Other places though, not so much. That's why when I'm just out and about I like to just use a guy's wallet with a chain to keep it in my stupid tiny pockets (I hate women's jeans lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Queen comments really made me laugh!

    You forgot about murses. Now, I don't use one, but some of your readers might, and they should be reminded just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.